WE ARE NOW OPERATING REMOTELY!
While career related programs, events and job fairs have been cancelled until further notice, the Career Services staff is available for full service individual advising assistance, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please make an appointment with advisors on Handshake. For more information regarding our services, please visit https://careerservices.uic.edu/.
Please contact our main line at (312) 996-2300 or via email at email@example.com if you have additional questions about accessing our services.
College of Engineering Career Services
Engineering students, please visit the Engineering Career Center website for information on virtual appointments including resumes reviews, CPT processing, salary negotiations and more: ecc.uic.edu
College of Business Career Services
The Business Career Center will continue to serve UIC Business students via phone and email during the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Please login to www.uiccareers.com to schedule your career advising appointment. Your career adviser will then call you at your scheduled date and time to conduct your advising appointment by phone. Make sure your phone number is updated in your www.uiccareers.com profile. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-996-5139 with any additional questions.
LAS Career Development and Internship Office
The LAS Career Development and Internship Office is now taking video/phone appointments Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. Please visit: student.las.uic.edu to schedule your career advising appointment. We are also offering online resume reviews for a "quick glance". Feel free to send your resume to LASinternship@uic.edu. You will receive feedback within 2-3 business days. Please visit the LAS website at career.las.uic.edu for upcoming webinars, recorded webinars and online resources.
Learn More About Career Advising
Types of Advising Appointments
UIC students are able to meet one-on-one with a career advisor for help with career-related tasks.
Things to know about individual career advising appointments:
- Our career advisors are trained professionals with expertise in career advising and coaching.
- Appointments may vary in length, depending on student needs, from 30-50 minutes.
- The appointments generally occur in our office, but can also occur over the phone or by video conference (Zoom).
Career Advisors can assist UIC students in the following ways:
- Assess interests, values, and strengths and how these factors connect to majors/careers.
- Develop internship or job search strategies to help students target appropriate employers.
- Create or edit career-related documents such as resumes and cover letters.
- Prepare for upcoming interviews and brainstorm interview questions/scenarios.
- Tell students what career (or major) is/is not a good fit for them.
- Find internships or jobs for students.
- Change a major or minor for a student, this is part of the role of an academic advisor.
We offer walk-in career advising in 15-20 minute slots to assist students with brief career-related questions. If you have extensive questions, please schedule an individual career advising appointment to meet one-on-one with a Career Advisor.
We are not offering walk-in hours this summer 2021. Walk-in hours will resume in the fall.
Are You Career Ready?
Are You Career Ready?
The page summarizes self-study training and research resources to learn about career options, research an employer/industry, develop career skills, or research salaries in the industry.