Career Services is excited to welcome students back to campus! For your convenience, students are now able to take advantage of career advising both in person and virtually. Appointments can be found at https://uic.joinhandshake.com/.
Learn More About Career Advising Heading link
Types of Advising Appointments Heading link
UIC students are able to meet one-on-one with a career advisor for help with career-related tasks.
Things to know about individual career advising appointments:
- Our career advisors are trained professionals with expertise in career advising and coaching.
- Appointments may vary in length, depending on student needs, from 30-50 minutes.
- The appointments generally occur in our office, but can also occur over the phone or by video conference (Zoom).
Career Advisors can assist UIC students in the following ways:
- Assess interests, values, and strengths and how these factors connect to majors/careers.
- Develop internship or job search strategies to help students target appropriate employers.
- Create or edit career-related documents such as resumes and cover letters.
- Prepare for upcoming interviews and brainstorm interview questions/scenarios.
- Tell students what career (or major) is/is not a good fit for them.
- Find internships or jobs for students.
- Change a major or minor for a student, this is part of the role of an academic advisor.
We offer walk-in career advising in 15-20 minute slots to assist students with brief career-related questions. If you have extensive questions, please schedule an individual career advising appointment to meet one-on-one with a Career Advisor.
We are not offering walk-in hours this summer 2021. Walk-in hours will resume in the fall.