Student Services Building
1200 W. Harrison St.
Chicago, IL 60607
M-F: 8:30am - 5:00pm
With research showing that 80% of jobs are obtained through connections, making the extra effort to meet potential employers is key. Our office provides a variety of ways to interact with employers on campus:
Career Fairs are a great way to meet a variety of recruiters actively seeking candidates for open positions. Fair are typically attended by 50-80 employer representatives. In brief in-person interactions, you have an opportunity to introduce yourself and share how you might fit a role, as well as learn more about prospective companies. Click here for a guide in navigating a college career fair experience.
Employers may schedule interviews on campus for full-time and internship positions during the Fall and Spring semesters.
How can I participate? All current UIC students may apply for these positions. Student registration is required prior to applying for interviews. To register for the program, students must attend a career seminar, have their resume reviewed by a staff member, and complete a white registration card.
Student Application Process: UICcareers.com is our job board filled with employers are looking for qualified UIC students.
1. Create your UICcareers.com profile:
o Use your UIC email address, including @uic.edu, as your username.
o Click "forgot password" to have a password sent to your UIC email address.
o If you already have a profile, make sure it is updated with current academic information.
2. Have your resume reviewed by a campus career professional AND request interviewing access from the individual reviewing your resume (You may have your resume reviewed by any career office on campus).
3. Upload your edited resume to your UICcareers.com profile ("Documents" tab).
4. Using the "Jobs" tab, conduct an "Advanced Search" to "Show Me > All Interviews" from the drop-down menu. Begin requesting an interview slot for a job of interest. Carefully follow the instructions for each position.
5. Once ready for an interview, view the short video "InterviewSuite" on InterviewStream and practice interviewing through this virtual tool. Prepare well with interview questions common in specific fields. Ready Prep Interview is a great resource for interview questions.
Copyright © 2014 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois