UIC Career Services
Student Services Building
1200 West Harrison
Chicago, IL 60607
M-F: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Research shows that 80% of jobs are obtained through connections, so making the extra effort to meet potential employers is essential. Our office provides you a variety of ways to interact with employers on campus:
Career Fairs are a great way to meet a variety of recruiters actively seeking candidates for open positions. Fair are typically attended by 50-80 employer representatives. In brief in-person interactions, you have an opportunity to introduce yourself and share how you might fit a role, as well as learn more about prospective companies. Click here for a guide in navigating a college career fair experience.
Employers may schedule interviews on campus for full-time and internship positions during the Fall and Spring semesters.
How can I participate? All current UIC students may apply for these positions if you meet the screening criteria established by the employer.
Student Application Process: UICcareers is UIC’s job board, filled with employers who are seeking qualified UIC students for open positions within their company..
1. Create your UICcareers.com profile:
o Use your UIC email address, including @uic.edu, as your username.
o Click "forgot password" to have a password sent to your UIC email address.
o If you already have a profile, make sure it is updated with current academic information.
2. Have your resume reviewed by a campus career advisor (you may have your resume reviewed by any career office on campus).
3. Upload your edited resume to your UICcareers.com profile ("Documents" tab).
4. Using the "Jobs" tab, conduct an "Advanced Search" to "Show Me > All Interviews" from the drop-down menu. Begin requesting an interview slot for a job of interest. Carefully follow the instructions for each position.
5. Once ready for an interview, view the short video "InterviewSuite" on InterviewStream and practice interviewing through this virtual tool. Prepare well with interview questions common in specific fields. Ready Prep Interview is a great resource for interview questions.
Copyright © 2014 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois