Home » Faculty,Staff,Advisors » Faculty, Staff, & Advisors Initiative
Faculty, Staff, and Advisors Initiative
The Faculty, Staff, and Advisors Initiative program aims to foster relationships with faculty, advisors, programs, and academic colleges at UIC in contributing to student success inside and outside the classroom environment by providing resources on career goals and development for students.
How can I work with Career Services?
Invite Career Services into your classroom or group meeting to present on topics focusing on career development and career preparation. Faculty, Staff and Advisors can complete our online request form to schedule a Career Services presentation two weeks in advance.
Promote to students our annual events:
- On-Campus Job Fair
- Diversity Career Fair
- Chicago Graduate & Professional School Fair
- Education Job Fair
- Internship and Part-Time Job Fair
- All Majors Career Fair
Encourage students to:
- Schedule an individual advising session or come during drop-in hours
- Attend our events
- Experience a mock interview
- Use our online resources to explore majors and careers, shape their resumes and cover letters, learn how to interview, and more
- Join us on Twitter and Facebook to stay connected
Share with your students these important links:
- UICCareers.com: UIC's online recruiting system where employers post part-time jobs, internships, and entry-level positions. We also list interviewing companies and visiting employers.
- Student Employment: where UIC students can find on- and off-campus part-time jobs and paid temporary positions.
- Career & Internship Fairs: free events for UIC students to find internships or entry-level jobs.
- Employers Interviewing on Campus: how students can interview with employers for internships, part-time, and full-time positions.
- FOCUS 2: an online system that can help students to identify undergraduate majors, advanced degrees, and career options that may be a good fit, and provides them with tools to explore those options.
- Programs: career preparation and career development presentations open to all students.
If you would like to participate, or if you need more information, please call (312) 996-2300 or email us at email@example.com.