UIC Alumni are encouraged to utilize UIC Career Services resources. Please see table for resources/services available to alumni based on graduation date.
Additional Alumni Resources
Alumni can refer to this list of additional career advising services available in the greater Chicagoland area for further assistance. We also highly recommend using the National Career Development Association’s career counselor directory for one-on-one career assistance in your area.
Alumni are encouraged to connect with other alumni in the UIC Alumni & Friends LinkedInTM Group.
UIC /College Resources
- The College of Engineering Career Center offers alumni access to career fairs, resume and cover letter review, LinkedIn profile assessment and mock interviews. You are encouraged to visit the Engineering Alumni Association.
- The College of Liberal Arts and Science offers mentoring opportunities for alumni. You are encouraged to visit the LAS Alumni Association.
- The College of Nursing hosts a job board to help alumni locate potential opportunities.
- The School of Public Health Career Services meets a variety of career development needs through resources and events for alumni.
- The UIC Alumni website also features a range of networking, ways to get involved with UIC, and updates on alumni.
Mental Health Counseling
Since being in career transition may also cause significant stress, anxiety or depression, you may also wish to contact the UIC Office of Applied Psychological Services (OAPS)*: Phone: 312-996-2540, fee: sliding scale.
*This mental health clinic is part of the Psychology Department at UIC. OAPS serves the UIC community, including faculty, staff, and students, as well as those living or working in the greater Chicago area. OAPS offers therapy for adults, children, families, and couples – helping individuals make changes that will improve their relationships and personal functioning, and enhance their ability to deal with various life stressors, including career transition.