UIC Alumni are encouraged to utilize this website to find career development resources (e.g., job aids, online resources). Please see table below for career-related services and events available to alumni.
Available Career Resources for Alumni
|Services||Available to Alumni?||Key Links|
|Career Advising Appointments||Yes - Up to 3 years after graduation||Schedule an Appointment|
|Career Workshops (on campus)||Yes||Current Programs and Events|
|Career Fairs||Yes - Unless noted otherwise||Current Programs and Events|
|Access to UICcareers.com||
Click the "Get Access to UICcareers.com" button if you need help setting up or re-activating your UICcareers.com account.
Learn about additional resources for coaching/advising, networking, and counseling.
- National Career Development Association’s career counselor directory – Identify one-on-one career assistance in your area.
- UIC Career Services – Schedule a one-to-one advising appointment with a career advisor up to 3 years after graduation.
- UIC Office of Applied Psychological Services (OAPS)* – Obtain professional assistance with stress, anxiety or depression. Fees are on a sliding scale.
*This mental health clinic is part of the Psychology Department at UIC. OAPS serves the UIC community, including faculty, staff, and students, as well as those living or working in the greater Chicago area. OAPS offers therapy for adults, children, families, and couples – helping individuals make changes that will improve their relationships and personal functioning, and enhance their ability to deal with various life stressors, including career transition.
- College of Engineering Career Center offers alumni access to career fairs, resume and cover letter review, LinkedIn profile assessment and mock interviews. You are encouraged to visit the Engineering Alumni Association.
- Liberal Arts and Science Alumni Association offers mentoring opportunities for alumni.
- College of Nursing hosts a job board to help alumni locate potential opportunities.
- School of Public Health Career Services meets a variety of career development needs through resources and events for alumni.